mind over matterS

A decision to love yourself
to put YOU first
instead of waiting for leftovers
or being the leftovers
or letting the leftovers of your heart choose for you

I have this uncanny way of waiting for something
like I am eternally at a bus stop
and I have grown accustomed with not going anywhere
as if I am waiting for someone to walk up
and hand me a ticket
where THEY think I should go

But I know me
I know what I like
and what I don't
and I have ideas of where I'd like to go....
the tricky part is the "here to there" part
the puzzling thing is that I rather spend my time dreaming
and not all the time GOING
and then I feel like a loser for not going
and then I just get sad

and so on and so on

Choosing change
has to do with just doing it
with accomplishing something little
and then something more
building something
and believing in yourself,
that it is within your capacity

Believing God has an adventure past your doorstep
if you are just willing to get outside
literally OUTSIDE
with random people and in random places
but also OUTSIDE your head
out of your rut
with grooves so deep you need 4 wheel drive
and determination
and guts to defy yourself

By now you know what works
and you know what doesn't help at all
and to choose to be conscious
in your own life
would be really helpful
and to be accountable too
would be magnificent

You know that you know that you know
you can do it
so get outside
get outside your head.

~C

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

and he wonders

finding you in everything

The Giant