Scattered Hearts

There is so much information and detail that goes into one relationship. Not only that but the details are constantly changing, or at least the circumstances. So something that worked yesterday suddenly feels off today....and it's not like you want it to. Relationship is hard enough without being romantic. I say hard but it is fairly easy for me to have a good relationship /friendship. Hard in the sense that being in love complicates it and there is always this looming chance that someone might get hurt. That part sucks.
So forgive me for hurting you because I never meant to, and I know you know my heart.
Saying goodbye ahead of time doesn't help prepare you for the actual end. For the record. It still feels like it is hanging there and awkward....and a friendship to replace the love would be awkward, with a hello and a how are ya, but always skirting around the love lost and thinking back to when it was all right on.
yeah, awkward.
I still pray for the best for you though. Still have you run through my mind.
Tuck the memories in my heart like a keepsake and will always have them.
You will find the girl of your dreams. and she will deserve you and she will be the right fit and then let it be a happily ever after, because I am learning that those are rare, like playing lotto. real comforting I know....but the key is belief in it. That love is out there waiting for you. It is only a matter of time until you find it. That belief alone will carry you into love.
and maybe someday when it no longer feels awkward, no longer feels like I broke your heart, I will reach out and say "Hi, How are you?"

-C

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

and he wonders

Gut Feeling

The Giant