What I wish they would say

Find your own way
and I'll find mine
and with me, I prefer to walk with God
He knows the best route to where I am going
but the moment I start trying to give you my advice
I should drop it
because my advice is for ME
not you
everything I derive my advice from came from a whole string of things
experiences and feelings and brokenness that happened to ME
YOU have your own best interests
that only YOU know, and God, if you involve Him
find your own way and I will not push you
or hurry you or shake my head at your choices
I will not worry my hands over your decisions
or sigh a great heaving sigh over the fact that you just don't get it
or that I really think you are a glutton for punishment
or that you are just too nice
I know you won't do anything until YOU are ready
You won't budge until YOU have had enough
and only YOU knows how much that really is
SO I trust you
I trust that you know yourself
that you believe in yourself
that you are on YOUR right path with GOD
and who am I to tell you any different
I am tangled up in my own life
peering out into yours to find a distraction of my own
but like I said
MY fixes are not your fixes and my timing is not your timing
but if we all synchronized our watches to God's timing...
we'd be way better off
and then my job as your friend is so much easier
because I can just love you
and not go on and on about what I would do...
if I were YOU

-C

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

and he wonders

Gut Feeling

finding you in everything