shades

Deep breath & slow deliberate steps
into a fog
eyes constantly adjusting
seeking out some object that would ground you
or remind you of what you consider home
anything familiar
but then you traded familiar for new....

An unexpected smile filled with promise
with hope of a new chapter
that regards you in a way you've never known
taking you in....
a revolving door that spits you out
each time better than before
effecting you in all the right ways
and altering the way you see

Sat on my sunglasses and crushed them
seemed an accident at the time
but the link to understanding where I am now
has shown me there was purpose in letting go of them

The new ones feel fine
new view through them
and so comfortable that I cannot feel them
perched upon my face
helping me see the new
seeing what could be
what is
and how else could that be....
unless I moved from where I was?
unless I moved...

finally able to.

~C

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

and he wonders

Gut Feeling

finding you in everything