SHINE

I wish I could see me
like you do
"beautiful" and "amazing"
I know that is what God says too
but the seed of doubt is planted too deep
and I focus on flaws
I flounder in wondering
in trying to keep
my confidence
my peace

Trying to rest in acceptance
in unconditional love
where God says you are a jewel
no matter the race you run
no matter the scars
no matter how weary
He wants me at my worst, my best
constantly pursuing me

Gods love isn't based on feelings
He doesn't change His mind
His goal is steadfast
His love is BLIND
Covered by Jesus
He sees past my mind
with all its confusion and non commitment
past my fears and loathing
past my unforgiving and my wandering

He covers me
and gathers me up into infinite arms
and calls me His own
and shakes his head at my personal scorn
at my shame and my disbelief
that He could find ME so breathtaking

My doubting to Him is insanity
My wondering just makes Him prove it more
He already knows how long it will take
to drink in the idea and accept myself
just as I am...

God of wonders
of mystery
Let your love shine in
way into me
sort it out so I can believe it too
This amazing Love
I have for you...
YOU have that for me too

Let me walk all my days
SHINING
like I know it is true.

~C



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

and he wonders

Gut Feeling

The Giant