Free Will

I tried to change
I got rid of clutter
I lost weight
I tried to think of ways
to make myself more attractive
of ways to make him love me
until I realized I can only control myself
and did I really want someone to love me,
because I MADE them?
or tricked them?
or convinced them?

The true brand of love that sticks
is one based on free will
where someone willingly chooses to love you
where they choose to stay because they want to

God knew exactly what this meant

He will not put you in a cage
He will not twist your arm
and although He runs after you
and could easily catch you
He will never force you to go with Him

He is patient and kind
He is gentle and compassionate
He wants the very best for you
but He will not MAKE you do anything

He encourages you
He loves you
and He waits

He waits and waits and waits....

and when you finally collapse in His arms
He sighs a huge sigh
Oh how He missed holding you
and there is no guilt in that embrace
He will not chastise you
and if He knows that you will turn and go in a mere hour from now
He will not let on

He lives in the moment
treasuring it for all it is worth
and relishing in the time He does have
and He hopes these moments get longer and longer each time
until we are so content with Him
that we don't choose to leave Him anymore.

~C


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

and he wonders

Gut Feeling

finding you in everything