His Plans, not mine

Throughout most of my life
I know that I know
even when I don't want to know
because once I do
It rocks what is
or shakes it up
or changes it
and sometimes
I just want to float down the river
and bask in the sun
and spend my time dreaming and wondering
at the beauty God's spun

But He allows it to change
like the seasons turn
showing me that underneath it all
my seams have come undone
and everything I try to put together
out of my own power and strength
has no backing and no substance
without His consequence
His influence
it is like building my life on sand
striving and trying
to do what He can do in a wave of His hand

And I resist change when I can see it coming
one little hint at a time
and no preparing comforts the leap
the going, when He asks
I know that I know that I need to walk away
but I stay anyway,
till I can't
My own ways not His best ways
and I know it...
it's not chance.

~C


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

and he wonders

Gut Feeling

The Giant