Flesh vs. Spirit

There are two ways to approach the world
One way is out of your flesh
and the other is out of your spirit

I am getting better at knowing in which I am functioning
it is like the difference between something that is two dimensional
and something that is three dimensional
it is either in black & white
or in bright vivid colors
In the spiritual there is a crispness to everything
an in-tune feeling that let's you know you are on the right track
and in the flesh there is a dullness, a lack that mocks you in between breaths
the sad thing is that the scales are always moving up and down
always trying to level out or weight us on the wrong side
constant struggle is necessary for constant growth
and even when we realize this, it is not comforting
but only makes the groaning bearable while we wade through what we have to

Thank God for His portion and His strength
that I do not have to walk through the labyrinth without Him
that He will carry me if it ever becomes too much
and I collapse

I choose colors vivid, colors bright
I chose to focus on what I have and not on what I do not
Help me Lord to not search for those things
that you intend to deliver to my doorstep
help me to surrender to your will in my life
all that you have planned for my BEST
amen

~C



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

and he wonders

Gut Feeling

The Giant