dry tank

had enough
done
but not done for
done flailing
but not drowning
I don't want to look anymore
even if I know that you are there
to face it hurts worse
so I don't go there
if the decisions I make today
are based on the joy and pain I experienced yesterday
how can I not referance certain things
how can I explain how I am feeling now
without mentioning that which I arrived at from then
I want you to want me
even as I am
we all have our faults
the things that are not ideal
but we make room to breathe
no one wants the plastic bag over their lives
suffocating them with what they will never be
creating a tunnel to only one way out
my way or the highway
instead, figure it out
there are 3 doors not 2
and 3 sides too
many options
not one
love compromises
love is fun
love is patient
love is kind
love does not boast
and I would hope
it also does not roast
the one it loves over hot coals
I look around and tsk tsk tsk
the job you do
I am not satisfied with it
are you willing to compromise
even if I am not?
are you willing to....
are you willing at all?
and so I ask myself too...


~C

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

and he wonders

Gut Feeling

finding you in everything