16 years

What could you do with sixteen years?
How much could you love me in them?
How many kisses?
How many hugs?
How many ways....love conveyed?
How many days did you wonder why
you picked a girl like me?
But then how many days were you glad?
Which thought outweighed the other?
Taken for granted many times over
beauty and light and love
fortune sought elsewhere
in anything....satisfactory....for a time
while love sat and waited
for you to discover it again
in some new light, from some new angle
Somewhere in those haunting green eyes
lurks the memory of the man
who delighted in me once
and in an isolated moment
all circumstances dim
and I feel myself drawn to him
like yesterday
just yesterday


~C

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

and he wonders

finding you in everything

The Giant