for Karen

Oh how my heart goes out to you
because I have been there
I have felt the frustration
and the lack of control
the abandonment
and the rejection

How I wish I could reach out and help
in a way that would ease your burden
and yet I know you have to find your own way
go through it, and not around
feel the sorrow
and wrestle with the anger
and surrender finally
so that you can find a peace with God
that is beyond understanding...

All I can do is love you through it
and tell you it is alright to cry
it is ok to be mad
that yes, it is devastating

I know that I cannot save you from this pain
but I can tell you that I understand,
and mean it
and I do,
with all my heart
and I so love you!

~C

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

and he wonders

Gut Feeling

finding you in everything