Tomorrow Is Another Day

Tomorrow
the day where we start again
the day we choose to bring the past with us
like suitcases in each hand
or leave it be
The new day that stands untouched, awaiting possibility
I laugh when you tell me it is the first day of the rest of my life
that was what yesterday was
and I screwed that up
so thank goodness I've got another chance, with each dawn that greets me
thank goodness for forgiveness
and time that makes it all hurt a little less
for the chance again to throw a rock
and make the right kind of ripples in this life
to make the right kind of choices
that add, and not the kind that take away
and to love and give the best I can
while I can
in the rest of the tomorrows
I am given.

~C

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gut Feeling

and he wonders

Too Much Reality