Wait just a minute

pause

breathe

don't give in to the pressure
or hand over your serene spirit
simply over some spoken words
over a little knowledge that you may disagree with
a view you do not share

God tells us to be anxious for NOTHING
and I never form the image in my head
that Jesus got his feathers ruffled
or got impatient or miffed with people
at the drop of a hat

tolerance takes such practice
like being able to take something in
without absorbing it
like standing outside
and looking in at it
realizing it
for what it is

no drama

no heightened emotion

you choose all that, you really do.

So I will take it as it comes
like a wave I can see coming from far off
so by the time it reaches me
I have my feet dug down deep
ready to receive the blow of the wave
and let it wash over me
sweep past me
and draw back into itself
negativity flowing around me
but not into me
felt
but not absorbed
seen
but not made emotional

I take it to you God
and like a dog that brings a kill to his master
I lay it at your feet,
not as a prize
but as something surrendered to you
something that I have no business sorting out

You remind me that it is not about me
so no reason to feel defensive either
no reason to put on armor
or slink back and hide
in calm and quiet

I wait on you Lord
I wait for your good word on the subject
and I let go of any tension
repel any ripples
that were not welcomed
and then send some out in love
knowing that it all comes down to that
L
O
V
E
check yourself
make sure you've got it
and it is coursing through your veins
and spilling all over all you do
that it speaks
without you having to say a word
and it burns from your heart
purifying all your choices

~C

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

and he wonders

finding you in everything

The Giant