you did it again God

You gave me another mid-sentence revelation God,
or is it a mid-question revelation?
I ask the question " Why is it that I have trouble receiving gifts, especially money gifts from people?
and you instantly brought to mind a memory of my Dad.
When I was younger he would gripe about how expensive a telephone call was.
I just wanted a relationship....
but when he said it was too expensive to call me,
I learned to feel guilty.
this guilt attached itself to the memory.
It was a burden for him to give to me.
I took that on
and ironed it onto my life.
so now when I receive a gift
I feel uncomfortable
like I am putting people out
like I am creating a hardship for them??
man that is so messed up....
Inside I am so thankful, even reverent
totally acknowledging their good deed
feeling like I cannot thank them enough
but then a friend said....
Life Gives to the Giver and takes from the taker....
I realize that I do end up just wanted to give back to the people who give to me.
Giving and receiving
receiving and giving
is such a lovely dance
I let go of my past
and I will learn to receive....simply
and accept love
and believe that it is freely given
no strings attached
for me to freely accept.

~C

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

and he wonders

Gut Feeling

The Giant