check the freak meter

The very core of me
the part of me that is spirit
is quiet and calm
and serene
but I can feel something outside
forming
and weighing
but it doesn't make the core of me waver
The heaviness is separate
and being spiritually aware
I know it is growing on me like a vine
the kind that covers the top
and steals the light
but before it can close in
I start ripping it off
and I suck out the drama
with a big turkey baster
and I keep my freak meter in check
no freaking out today
that is what God does
sorts the lies from the truth
so the lies can be ditched
so the truth can be formed
into an invincible sword
that slices and dices those vines
and the weight is lifted
your branches are free again
and your calm spirit never wavered
through any of it

~C

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

and he wonders

Gut Feeling

finding you in everything