Hard shell vs. soft shell

I always assumed all crabs had a hard shell at all times in their lives
until recently
where I came across a live crab at the beach
and when I picked him up from the back
I realized my finger was pressing into his soft shell
it opened my mind to something new

and then tonight you gave me a vision Lord
you showed me how we are like a crab who needs the hard shell
we feel like it "protects" us
this false sense of security that only holds us back from your freedom
and the best that you have for us Lord
You need us to be the crab with the soft shell
fully alive, yet vulnerable
it is only when we can let go of trying to protect ourselves
that you can fully live through us
and protect us in a way that completely surrounds and envelopes us
a kind of security that goes so deep that it oozes peace
from the inside out
those who hold on to their lives will lose it, you say God
but those who surrender their lives are able to FULLY live

the way you teach me is amazing Lord
the way you show me things to love on others is such a gift
and I thank you from the bottom of my heart
for blessing me, and using me, and conveying your truth so others can be free
like me
free like You, my amazing God!
you are just awesome!!

~C

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

and he wonders

finding you in everything

The Giant