Grandma Howard

Grandma how I miss you already,
and your grand babies miss their Oma.
They were so brave to go right up to the casket
to see you one last time
and for Skylar to say a prayer over your body left behind,
at the age of 5,
a prayer full of love that you can take to heaven with you,
was so sweet and beautiful.
I can hear you saying "I love you too hun" and "God bless you hun" in my mind
as clear as day,
and I pray that the ability to conjure up your voice in my mind always exists.
I am so blessed to have had married into your family Grandma.
To have been able to hear all of your inspiring and amazing stories.
To witness your strength and stubborn will,
that carried you through so much and always left you thriving and pressing on.

I especially loved when you talked about Opa
and how you joked and bonded with him always
and I am so happy to know you get to do that again in heaven.
I am also comforted to know you are with your own Oma,
and especially that you are with Grandpa.
If I feel sad for one second with your passing,
I remind myself of how you had your bags packed
and setting by the door to go be with him a long time ago....
and then my mind imagines you young and in love
with heavens light behind you...
running happily into your Alvas arms.
Arms that hold you like no one else could.
The waiting must have seemed like forever,
but I am sure the time melted away in an instant once you saw his face,
and the face of Jesus.

Amazingly comforting to know there were so many loved ones there to greet you,
and most of all that you are with God
the One who designed you,
who knit you in your mothers womb,
who loves you better than anyone.
I smile with imagining it,
and with remembering you.

I look forward to the day when you will greet me....
and know that for you it will seem like a blink....
but for me I have some time to be here without you,
and during that time I will miss your smile and your laugh and your stories,
your soups and your values and your honor,
seeing you with my babes,
and kissing Eve hello in the kitchen.

You will be missed
and you will forever be loved my Grandma Howard.
Many many kisses and hugs for you.
XXOOXXOO
I love you very much
and I was honored to be your granddaughter in this life.

~C

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

and he wonders

Gut Feeling

finding you in everything