new mantra

The old one used to be
"Be anxious for nothing"
Ah! The power of scripture
said over and over
until it has sunk in
until it attaches
as if woven
until it shimmers
as if golden
until it is ingrained in you
until it brings you peace
and is KNOWN by your heart
and it becomes your TRUTH

So my new one is" I am willing to be misunderstood"
"I am willing to be misunderstood"
"I am willing to be misunderstood"
every time a thought comes over me
reminding me of being judged
or criticized
or shunned
I say it again
and again to myself....

Like a calm from the center of me
it ripples outward
it severs the ties that taunt me
that want to bind me to what holds me back
the words over and over
counteracting the pull of the negative
a tug of war I know I am winning
as I say it
again

~C

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

and he wonders

Gut Feeling

finding you in everything