Spiritual Buffet

Went to see a speaker tonight
and he talked about how there is this spiritual buffet before us.
We are so tempted to eat from all of it and stuff ourselves
but instead we really should selectively choose just 2 or 3 things to eat
because those suit us the best
because we were designed to eat of specific things
like a secret antidote that makes us invisible
so we can truly walk with the Holy Spirit!

I think sometimes in our lives we want the best of everything,
we don't want to miss out on anything
so we let our greedy soul hoard all we can carry
but we were designed to excel in very specific ways
we were all designed without a carbon copy

we weren't meant or built to indulge in all the world has to offer
nor were we designed to excel in every single spiritual gift
they are offered up but with some we soar and with others we putter
and rather than trying at everything and just doing OK
He meant for us to focus on the strengths he planted within us
He meant for us to grow in them
to do so much more with them

To me it is like high school and trying out for sports
you don't even know what you are great at
until you TRY
and sometimes you are surprised at what trying reveals
what it awakens in you
or brings out in you
a talent you never knew you had!

Spiritually it is the same to me
I try it out and then I can see
what each gift brings out in me
and no doubt through time
I will trade in one for another
as I grow towards the light
as my roots dig deep
I will produce things long from now
that I couldn't bear now.

~C

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

and he wonders

finding you in everything

The Giant