Truth has a voice

Flesh says "I hate him"
and God within you cries out
"I forgave you, so forgive him"

Flesh says "He hurt me shut him out!"
and God softly whispers
"Vengeance is mine, do not harden your heart sweet one"

Flesh says "I can't do it anymore!"
and God smiles and says
"you are right YOU cannot, but EVERYTHING I can do in you as you!"

Flesh says "I do not have what it takes, I'll never measure up"
and God brims with tears as he looks you in the eyes and says
"You precious precious child, you have no idea how very valuable you are to me!"

Flesh says "There is nothing to live for!"
and God laughs a little as He says
"Everything shines with the hope I have in you my child!"

Flesh says "I just give up, I'll stop trying already, I will never conquer my demons"
and God simply says
"Lies will keep you there dear one, but My truth shall set you free, only believe!"

Flesh quiets itself....knowing that for every statement
there is an answer in truth and love waiting
just waiting
to snuff it out!

~C

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

and he wonders

Gut Feeling

finding you in everything