sidestep

If I avoid saying it
does that make it any less true?
and if you say it
but then you don't pursue it
is that true either?

drawing out time
may suit us for awhile
but sometimes it feels like a slow death
is time ever squandered
if God can work with anything?
It is as it should be
but still hard
as you are part of me

My main concern is to treat others
the same way I want them to treat me
and for some reason I am still learning
to treat ME like I want to treat ME

Life is like a large set of stairs
and sometimes
when you are weary
just looking at the endless steps
makes you wonder if you will make it
and other times
God gives you all the energy in the world
to fly up them

and tonight I feel daunted
with one new step
a step away

~C


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

and he wonders

Gut Feeling

finding you in everything