Let it be me

Let me be the one to speak your truth
I am willing to talk it , I am able
Let me be the one to walk your talk
I am willing to walk it, I am able
Let me be the one to comfort, to cheer on
I am willing to hug, to cheer, and I am able
Let me be the one to give a leg up closer to you
I am willing to lift them, I am able
Let me be the one to pray it out with love
I am willing to pray, I am able
Let me be the one to be quiet when they need to talk
I am willing to listen, I am able

Let me be the one to convey what you would convey,
to speak what you would speak,
to love how you would love,
to smile into the hearts of the hurting,
to hold someone like you do when they are breaking,
to lift someone up like you do in their sorrow
to encourage them on their own journey like you love to,
and to speak your truth over and over again
until your revelation kicks in and meets with perfect timing to mend
to renew and to transform!
these individual
precious
lives
each life weighing the same in your arms
each babe that you call your own, your love

to help you love them
is my favorite work
your love is my love Lord!
your heart,
my own

~C

Comments

  1. i am holding back tears. (which i will eventually be strong enough not to to...lol just heard that) but this is another A+++ christ-ie.

    By the way, you lead with your humility and compassion.
    I kept hearing that as I was reading this one. <3 ya

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

and he wonders

Gut Feeling

finding you in everything