Me

You want to hear happy
you want me to never stop smiling
it is the me that you need me to be
but I get sad too
and I need you
to cheer me
like I cheer you
to lift me up
and turn me toward sunshine
to point out the blessings
and direct me away from the mud
I know I seem to have no worries
and so maybe you come to depend on that
but I am human after all
on my own rocky journey
learning and falling
struggling and calling, out to God in my darkest day
wondering aloud why things have to be this way
and then once out of my system
I can reboot and listen
for His next brilliant direction
with your encouragement
we all make a selection
of the armor and the smiles we will choose to wear
to face another day
to show others we will bare
the things that Do happen, the spills along the way
but we have each other
and hope,
and each day
I'll choose to try harder to resist what steals
to avoid the pit falls
to ride the rails
into a brighter day
where I can encourage once again
where I can lean on God
so you can lean on me....
I will find the courage
will fight for
the "me"
you need me to be

~C

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gut Feeling

and he wonders

Too Much Reality