new one

The attention of some
but I know it isn't you
feel I'll know you
when you get here
when I come undone
when I feel alive again

pause
a frozen frame
a waiting game
although the merry-go-round never stops
though the shoe just never drops
though my heart's an open sore
and I've never been here before

so I wait
and I wonder
and I walk the talk
automatic pilot of a paper airplane
in a voracious wind
that whips the waves
and drives the rain
tossed and drained
from resisting
from twisting
and turning back to see
if you cared enough to follow me

but turning back
just gets me salt
the sun and its rays
make me look ahead
for that something new
for that brand new you
that you I don't know
don't cha know
I've been waiting for you
knowing you'd only get here
when I stopped lookin back
when I stopped tripping up
stopped doubting my lack

~C






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

and he wonders

Gut Feeling

finding you in everything