3 rabbits

walking


crying


lost inside


wishing I was lost outside too


so I didn't have to go back


cannot stand to be shunned


or beheld with disdain


scrutinized


criticized


you are not my friend


friends do not say the things you do


they say truth in love


they don't hate the very things


that make you, YOU


I feel torn down


rejected once again


why do you spend any time with me at all


if who I am repels you


if who I am annoys you


I don't belong here


I don't belong anywhere


this in between life


after divorce




still walking


2 miles


3 miles


I have on the wrong shoes


stood up and just started walking


so I wouldn't cry for an audience


1/2 a mile in I see a rabbit


then 2 miles later another


and not until I saw the third at the end of my walk


did it come together for me




the Trinity


watching over me


the night before Easter


as I walked


as I cried


He sees me


He cares




~C


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

and he wonders

Gut Feeling

finding you in everything