Media

Media shmedia
I rather eat dirt
then listen to your sherbert
your rainbow creation
of shock value and inflation
of lies and of horror
why do I have to weed through?
it's torture

its depressing
it's sad
and yeah maybe it's reality
but it weighs me down bad
and I cannot just shake it
and call it a day
after media has infested
my mind in that way

I won't believe what you want me
to take in as gospel
I won't make decisions
based on your hostile distortions of "truth"
on the facts of today
I remember what I learned in school
the lessons they no longer teach today
so chances are someday soon
you'll be changing your tune

and just to keep track drives me crazy
so much information
and so hazy
so lacking & shocking
your boat won't be docking
at my mind today

~C

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gut Feeling

and he wonders

Too Much Reality