No Muse

I don't want to be your muse
only an inspiration
something shiny
that you take from your pocket
to look over
time to time

and I do not want to feel dusty
because I have been tucked away
or humored
so that I will stay
to be a convenience

to feel kept
is to feel caged
even titles
cannot assure anything
signatures mean nothing

jaded by loss
and trust loss in the faltering
part of me in ruins
waiting
for something I cannot identify
hoping
for something
I've never known

this flesh pulls at me
when I am not looking
it mocks me
when there are no clear answers
and the water is murky
where is the bottom?
How far down?

I sit by the edge of the water
and I will the water to clear
I narrow my stare
as if that will do it

a deep part of me wanting to take charge
of something organic
control something
wild and vague
for if just a moment
so I can feel what it is
to have it in my hands

and then what?
and then what....
the constant of shift and change
the illusive ways of love
and of what it is that I think I want
but what I may never know

to belong
to intend
to mean it
would make me sigh
but a muse
I am not
pursue me with intention
or not at all

~C

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

and he wonders

Gut Feeling

finding you in everything