In God we TRUST

Do we??

I think that we would do things a little different if we really put our trust in God.
We would talk a different talk....full of His promises and Hope.
we would walk a different walk, full of the confidence that comes in knowing He's got you.
we would embrace the world in a way that would say " I BELIEVE!" even without actually saying it.
we would be peaceful and calm
forever surrendering and offering up our lives willingly
like investing in a child
and knowing that we are giving what is not ours to further something greater
a sacrifice
because we deeply understand the bigger picture
a commitment of understanding, YES!
and we would convey endless compassion
because we would be free of all the things we used to think God could not handle...
confidently remembering that he is constantly working all things in our lives to GOOD
we would sing a new song every morning
and look forward to each new task God had for us
we would throw ourselves into our relationships whole heartedly
into our passing encounters
knowing that a glance or a smile
was something valued even precious
that everything is the beginning to something else
an endless cycle of encouragement or defeat
and in the midst of the process you have this chance to convey Faith, Hope and Love to someone
but it all starts with Trust
because if I TRUST that God is who He says He is....
then I am set
ready and willing to do anything and everything for Him, In Him, WITH Him, excited to do it!
and that trust allows me to FLY
to be what He intended me to be from the very beginning
to run full force into my destiny
with a huge crazy grin on my face
because these are born of trust:
freedom
abandon
reverence
respect
comfort
peace
willingness
rest

I know that You will do what you say You are going to do God.
I know you are not going anywhere
I know that You do not change
or waver
that your love never tires
or diminishes
that you have an endless resource of ideas and inspiration, of protection and safety
that you believe in me
that you've got my back
better yet that you've got my mind and my heart and my will
Let me shout it out from the highest places
that I TRUST YOU GOD!
that I believe in You!
that I love You!

instill in me the default switch that always brings me back in to You
that confirms who You are and what you are about
let my life declare that it all boils down to LOVE, sweet love....
let me always be Your love Lord
forever reminding these fleshy old ways to stay at rest where they belong
and living out in full volume all that You are in me!
Let them look to me and only recognize You God.

~C

Comments

  1. just read the two new ones... really great
    he is doing great things in you(and through you)
    and that is an inspiration to see

    p.s. totally see you as a 'Carrie' character but in a tv show called "God and the City" just sayin.. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

and he wonders

Gut Feeling

The Giant