haunting unknown

the unknown lurks
in shadows
hiding
and it gets the best of me
because I do not know

and what I do not know
is left to imagination
and OH can I imagine...
our best attributes
also being our worst

like balancing on a very thin beam
high up
in a storm
lightning in the distance
and rain in my eyes

feeling unstable
and on the verge
of slipping

and yet mostly I am strong
and calm
and knowing
that even the unknown cannot hurt me
even the worst imaginings
cannot dampen my heart

so I put away the wonder
and I stop calculating the loss
and I give that all to God
because we choose how we are going to live
how we will approach everything
and how we will take every step
(even into a dark alley way)
and all we enter into goes with us
all we enter into becomes a part
every choice
becomes who we are
either drawing us in
or drawing us out

stay in the light
stay very close to the truth
declare out loud what you mean
but go
if you have already gone
and look me in the eyes
as you leave

~C



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

and he wonders

Gut Feeling

The Giant