To struggle is human

I am realizing that everyone I know....
their lives are their own saga
filled with more drama then I once imagined people even had
each story winds and twists with romance and tragedy
loss and betrayal,
death and passion,
struggle and hope.

Why did I not expect to notice this
or imagine my life could be ordinary
like an episode of little house on the prairie
where little struggles magnified the uncomplicated family bond
solidified the values and love.

I wish I understood, part of me cannot grasp why
when even you have an uncomplicated love to give
the world complicates all around it
challenging it
maybe even getting so used to it
that it loses it's luster
like an old pair of good shoes.

I know that there is purpose in the struggle
I know that God takes it and shapes it into triumph
I know that even when it seems your patience with the growth process
is on the verge of falling away
God has more strength for you

because if He says wait
and then He says go...
He will release you into something gorgeous
when the time is just right

My heart knows this
while my flesh struggles against that
while I dig deep
to find more of what I need
to hold on
to stay calm
to love

~C

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

and he wonders

Gut Feeling

finding you in everything