Beauty the beetle

Oh little one, you went on and on today about the little beetle you found struggling in the pool.
You rescued her and named her Beauty.
Then quickly informed me that she was now a boy.
Okie dokie!
You went on and on about Beauty....
how she loved the grass you gave her
and how you were petting her butt, Mama want to pet her butt?
You mean her back? I think that is the beetles back...
Then you showed me how she was hiding her head under a part of a leaf
you informed me she requested to be read to and that she wanted to hear a song
and you did both
You told Daddy she was going to sleep in your room
and I will admit I cringed
you wanted me to pet her again while I was eating crudite
and Auntie Carol exclaimed "she is eating!"
and then very swiftly it seemed Beauty was not moving
and she somehow got squished because "stuff" was coming out of her body...
so you buried her in the yard and said a little prayer
and that is all she wrote about Beauty.

~C

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

and he wonders

Gut Feeling

finding you in everything